top of page
Teacher Writing a Formula on a Blackboar

Review Our Commonly Asked Questions

  • When should I begin the application process for my studies?
    It is recommended to begin your application process way in advance to give enough time for your applications to be processed and to prepare for your time overseas.
  • What opportunities are there for working and studying at the same time?
    The opportunity for students to work part-time during their studies varies from country to country. If you are pursuing a course at degree level or above you may be permitted to work while on an international student visa. Full-time employment is usually permitted only during semester breaks.
  • What should I consider when choosing what and where to study?
    It is very important that you think about the convenience of the prospective university, the institution’s ranking, the amount of time you would like to spend away from home and the total cost of studying and living overseas. If you would like to explore the option of staying in the country after your studies you will need to be aware of the immigration policies in place and also be aware that these government policies can change at any time.
  • Does PSA represent any institutions?
    Yes, PSA has agreements with over 400 global universities and institutions around the world.
  • What support will PSA offer after I have secured my student visa?
    PSA will invite you to attend a pre-departure/orientation information session that will cover important topics such as: student life in a new country, cultural shock and diversity related concerns.
  • Does it cost money to see an adviser at PSA?
    Generally, PSA services are free for students. Students do not pay an agent fee to PSA since we are reimbursed for our services by the universities we represent.
  • What is the GMAT and GRE?
    The GMAT – the Graduate Management Admission Test – is a globally recognized college admission test that is required for admission to most business schools. The GRE – the Graduate Record Examination – is a test required for admission to most graduate colleges and an increasing number of business schools. Both exams have a validity of 5 years.
  • What is TOEFL and IELTS?
    The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) and the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) are two popular choices of English proficiency tests, and are accepted by most universities.
  • Is IELTS or TOEFL required to apply to university?
    IELTS and TOEFL examinations are not required for all countries and universities, but they do support your application as proficiency in the English language is considered mandatory in most universities.
  • What references are required for university admission?
    It is highly recommended that students provide academic reference letters or recommendation letters from their current or previous tutors. If academic references are not possible, then professional or work references from your employer or workplace should be provided.
  • Is GMAT an essential requirement for MBA admission?
    Most business schools at American Universities, Canadian University and UK Universities require a GMAT score for MBA admissions.
  • Do universities have application fees?
    Most universities have application fees as part of the application procedure. Payment of application fees is required in order to officially process your academic application. A growing number of universities, especially those in the UK, do not require application fees.
  • How do I send my documents and certificates?
    Documents and certificates are usually scanned and delivered by email
  • Where and how can I get funding?
    1.Personal Funding – this is one of the most popular ways. It generally involves funding through family and relatives. 2. University Aid – This includes: a) Merit-based scholarships, which are granted on the basis of special skills, talents, or abilities. Merit-based scholarships are usually very competitive. b) Need-based scholarships, which are awarded based on financial need. You will be required to demonstrate need at a predetermined level to be eligible. 3. Bank Loans – you can inquire with your banks regarding what education loans they provide and what the rate of interest is. 4. External Agencies – There are a number of external agencies including community organizations, companies, foundations, and Government agencies that offer financial assistance to students. 5. Work-Study – These programs allow you to work on campus and opportunities include tutoring, research assistant, a desk job in the library or administrative office.
  • Can I visit my home during my studies abroad?
    Most countries allow students to visit their home country during vacations. If you have a multiple entry visa you would be allowed to visit your home during your study period easily.
  • What countries do you recruit students from?
    Check our “partners and destinations” page for more details.
  • How long will it take to complete my degree?
    Most undergraduate degrees take 3-4 years to complete, however, this may depend on the academic program and country. Masters degrees typically take 2 years to complete—the UK is popular for its 1 year masters degrees. PhD programs typically last 3-5 years with specific residency requirements.
  • What is a foundation or pathway program?
    Pathway and Foundation courses are designed to help students bridge the gap between their current academic competencies and the requirements of the course they wish to study. These courses help prepare students who do not meet the university criteria for their undergraduate or postgraduate education.
bottom of page